Sunday, October 17, 2010

Part 2: Smile Like You Mean It, Or Just Don't Smile At All

Earlier I said “If something isn't the way you like it, change it.”

But what about when things are exactly as you want them, and they change without you? What about things going down from here, instead of up?

There are times when the change is not in your control. It may be my life, but that doesn't mean everything in it is mine, as much as I pretended it was.

It's like when you're little and you go to the beach. You pick up the warm, beautiful sand and hold on to it as tightly as possible. And even though you'd do everything in your power to hold on to that sand forever, it slips through your fingers, grain by grain, until nothing is left but an empty, dusty hand and a sad, bewildered expression.

Despite our decision to go to the beach, we can often be rendered sandless. And what's the point in picking up another handful if it'll just slip away like all the others?

Sometimes perfect beach days are best left as memories.

I think today I'd rather stay home.

I just want my LSAT scores so I can buy my one-way ticket out of here and never look back.

It's been real, it's been fun, but not real fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment