Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So I've seen it too many times

Some of my favorite quotes from...
  • Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life, well, valuable, but small. And sometimes I wonder – do I do it because I like it? Or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book when, shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So, goodnight dear void.

  • Do you ever feel you've become the worst version of yourself? That a pandora's box of all the secret, hateful parts – your arrogance, your spite, your condescension – has sprung open. Someone provokes you and instead of just smiling and moving on, you zing them. Hello, it's Mr. Nasty! I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about.

  • Joe? Just call me Joe? As if you were one of those stupid 22 year-old girls with no last name? 'Hi I'm Kimberly' 'Hi I'm Janice.' Don't they know you're supposed to have a last name? It's like they're an entire generation of cocktail waitresses.

  • You are daring to imagine that you could have a different life. Oh I know it doesn't feel like that. You feel like a big, fat failure now. But you're not. You are marching into the unknown, armed with....nothing. Have a sandwich.

  • I came home tonight and got in the elevator to go to my apartment. An hour later I got out of the elevator and Brinkley and I moved out. Suddenly everything had become clear. It's a long story, full of the personal details we avoid so carefully. Let me just say, there was a man sitting in the elevator with me, who knew exactly what he wanted, and I found myself wishing I was as lucky as he.

  • People are always telling you that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all, has happened.

  • 'It wasn't personal.' What is that supposed to mean? I'm so sick of that. All that means is that it wasn't personal to YOU. But it was personal to me. It's personal to a lot of people. What is so wrong with being personal, anyway? Whatever else anything is it ought to begin by being personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment