Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Que Sera, Sera

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.


This song often gets stuck in my head when I try to think about the future, or the people in my life.

It's such an old song, with such a simple message. But it's so true.

People are always going to be exactly who they choose to be. They won't change for me, or for anyone. The truth is that people only change for themselves.

I can't control people, or situations. As much as I want certain things in my life to work out the way I want them to, there's no guarantee of anything.

The only thing I can be sure of is myself. I know what I want, where I want to be, who I want to be with, and that's all I can know.

In times of confusion, I can take comfort in knowing that I am who I want to be. I am not disappointed in myself in any way. The future remains to be seen and there's no use in wasting the present dwelling on what may or may not come.

1 comment: